Thursday, September 7, 2017

We are your home

For 9 months, I carried you, I loved you and I nourished you.
For 7 years, it was just you and I against the world.
Towers built, roads ran and discussions of epic proportions.
Mommie-Nic Nic talks - we took on the world.
Then your father, your dad, entered our lives.
He showed us what we had been missing
He taught you how to ride a bike.
He taught you how to drive a car.
He taught us how to love fully and wholy.
For 10 years, we have loved you.
We have neurtured, we have hoovered
We have faught, we have guided -
             We have let go.
We have watched you show your brother     
    how to love, how to fight and how to
    just be him.
We have watched you grow into an 
amazing young man.
We watched you make a decision and 
wrestle with your choice.
We let go and watched you step up to
the plate.
17 years ago - I held you. Today, we hold
you while letting you go.
We are proud of the man you are
becoming - we are proud of our little red
head.
Its time to let go and watch from a 
distance.
It's time for you to show the world -
  It's time to let go and let you live!
Letting you go is hard - letting you go to
go live - GO - show the world - just know 
we are here -
        We are your home!

I wrote this about 2 weeks before Nic left. Letting go is hard but the rewards are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment