I sat my phone down and walked away, to only hear it ringing. I ran to it and my heart stopped, it was the call I have waited for, that call to hear my boy's voice. "Hey Mama," said an emotional voice. Wow.. what a sound.
You could hear the weakness in his voice, but also the amount of strength he has gained. And then you heard your sweet little boy. What a gift.
Sometimes in life, we feel so weak. We dont understand what is happening or why we struggle, but once we come out on the otherside, we have gained a strength we never knew we had. A strength, that at the time, we didnt know was getting us through.
Strength can be cleaverly disguised as weakness. We recognize weakness and dont see that strength is there. We fall to the floor and ask God for help, for strength, and His response is "Shh, child, you have the strength. Slow down, and pay attention." When we take our eyes off the weakness, we slowly start to feel stronger. We start to feel a strength we never knew.
Yesterday, through the weakness, I heard his strength. I heard his strength shine through.
You are stronger than you would have thought, too!
ReplyDelete