Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Who are you?

So, I just finished visiting with a dear friend, and as she was leaving we got to talking about "old school" Christians and how most tend to ignore grace. And it made me wonder where do I fit in.

I see you sitting there eating that 3 piece of pie, and then hear you complain of your weight;
I see you sitting there loving all over your spouse, all the while having an affair with your neighbor;
I see you sitting there Sunday morning, in your Sunday finest, praising Jesus, to only go home and start abusing your family;

I see you come in with 3 kids in tow, dressed in what I assume are your best clothes, only to be looked down on;
I see you asking for 20.00, and being laughed at and told no you dont need more beer, but what they dont know is you have a sick baby at home;
I see you struggling to finish high school, but instead of giving help, your teachers ridicule you, they dont know you would be the 1st in your family to graduate.

Who are you? Jesus doesnt want nice and neat! He doesn't want fake followers. He wants real. He wants dirty. He wants the followers that will say "Here I am Lord, take me, use me. I am yours." Remember who He broke bread with? Remember who He appeared to?

Ask yourself that question today.. Who am I? Am I a nice and neat Christian? Or am I am dirty and real Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment